ReBUILD cross cutting and synthesis non peer-reviewed outputs
Synthesis and cross-country non-peer-reviewed outputs
NB This project is the precursor of ReBUILD for Resilience
Summary briefs from ReBUILD’s phase 1 research:
- The ReBUILD programme and emerging themes for health systems strengthening in post-conflict and post-crisis settings
- Health financing policy in conflict affected settings – lessons from ReBUILD research
- Establishing a responsive and equitable health workforce post-conflict and post-crisis – lessons from ReBUILD research
- Institutions for strong and equitable health systems after conflict and crisis – lessons from ReBUILD research
Health systems during and after crisis: evidence for better policy and practice
Key issues – evidence briefs:
- Resilience of health systems during and after crises – what does it mean and how can it be enhanced?
- Developing inclusive health systems in crisis-affected settings
- How to move towards universal health coverage in crisis-affected settings: lessons from research
- How do different types of provider affect access to effective and affordable healthcare during and after crises?
- The political economy of crisis-affected settings: what does it mean for investments in health systems?
- Do health systems contribute to reduced fragility and state-building during and after crises?
- Sustainability of health systems in crisis-affected settings: lessons for practice
- Developing health system research capacity in crisis-affected settings: why and how?
- Responding to humanitarian crises in ways that strengthen longer-term health systems: What do we know?
- Performance-based financing in fragile and conflict-affected settings – a summary
French versions of key issues briefs:
- Résilience des systèmes de santé pendant et après les crises – qu’est-ce que cela signifie et comment peut-elle être renforcée ?
- Mise en place de systèmes de santé inclusifs en situations de crise
- Comment progresser vers la couverture sanitaire universelle en situation de crise : enseignements tirés de la recherche
- Comment différents types de prestataires affectent-ils l’accès à des soins de santé efficaces et abordables pendant et après les crises ?
- L’économie politique des pays en situation de crise : qu’est-ce que cela signifie pour les investissementsdans les systèmes de santé ?
- Les systèmes de santé contribuent-ils à la réductionde la fragilité et au renforcement de l’État pendant et après les crises ?
- La durabilité des systèmes de santé dans les situations de crise : enseignements pour une mise en pratique
- Développer les capacités de recherche des systèmes de santé dans les situations de crise : pourquoi et comment ?
- Répondre aux crises humanitaires de façon à renforcer les systèmes de santé à plus long terme : que savons-nous ?
Other synthesis or multi-country briefs:
Gender – synthesis and cross-country non-peer-reviewed outputs (written):
- Gender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile andGender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile andGender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile andGender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile and
- Gender and Community Health Worker programmes in fragile and
- The ethics of health systems research: Selected guidelines and studies
- Ten Gender Analysis Frameworks & Tools to Aid with Health Systems Research
- Gender and health systems Reader: Key findings from nine research projects
- How to do gender analysis in health systems research: A guide
Resilience, UHC, health workforce, humanitarian-development and transition:
- Working towards Universal Health Coverage in post-conflict environments
- Managing the Transition from Humanitarian to Development Aid: East African Symposium on Aid Effectiveness and Health Systems Development – Key messages brief
- Leaving no one behind; how can evidence-based approaches support progress towards UHC and global health goals during conflict and protracted crises?
- MANAGING THE TRANSITION FROM HUMANITARIAN TO DEVELOPMENT AID – SYMPOSIUM BRIEFING
- Managing the health workforce after a conflict: a review of research and knowledge gaps
Briefs submitting evidence to inquiries and consultations:
- Joint submission to APPG-Africa Inquiry into Community-led health systems and the Ebola outbreak
- Evidence submitted to High Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth
With Thematic Working Group on Fragile and Conflict Affected Settings:
- Health Systems Research in FCAS_A_qualitative study of associated challenges TWG Brief 2.pdf
- Health Systems Research in FCAS. A research agenda setting exercise TWG Brief 1.pdf
Psychosocial support and service provision for adolescent girls in post-conflict settings: Multi-country and synthesis non-peer-reviewed outputs:
- Rebuilding adolescent girls’ lives: mental health and psychosocial support in conflict-affected Gaza, Liberia and Sri Lanka, synthesis report research tools
- Rebuilding adolescent girls’ lives: mental health and psychosocial support in conflict-affected Gaza, Liberia and Sri Lanka
- Mental health and psychosocial support service provision for adolescent girls in post-conflict settings, a culturally sensitive response
- Mental health and psychosocial service provision for adolescent girls in post-conflict settings
- The fallout of rape as a weapon of war
Key issue and voices of communities, health workers and decision-makers:
- Accessing healthcare in FCAS
- Household structure and effects on access to health care in FCAS
- Policy and power on post-conflict health systems
- Resource flows in post-conflict health systems
- Health workers’ experiences in post-conflict health systems
Health systems in post-conflict settings – key issue animations
- Health systems in post-conflict settings – key issues from ReBUILD’s research (full video)
- Health systems in post-conflict settings – key issues from ReBUILD’s research (short video)
- Health workers and health systems after conflict – animation
- Institutions and health systems after conflict – animation
- Communities and health systems after conflict – animation
Health systems in FCAS – cross-cutting issues videos:
- Health systems resilience in contexts of adversity
- Performance based financing in fragile and conflict affected settings
- Understanding human resources for health recruitment and deployment in post-conflict settings
- Gender in post conflict health systems
- Integrating gender into health systems strengthening in FCAS – what’s in our toolkit? Webinar recording.