Disability-inclusive health systems research in fragile and shock-prone settings
This ReBUILD for Resilience webinar looked at how we might deliver disability-inclusive health systems research in fragile and shock-prone settings.
The speakers were:
• Kyu Kyu Than (Chair) – Burnet Institute Myanmar
• Joanna Raven – Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
• Hannah Kuper – London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
• Nukhba Zia – Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA
• Aicha Benyaich – International Committee of the Red Cross, Lebanon
• Deepak Raj Sapkota – Karuna Foundation, Nepal
• Laura Dean – Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
• Janet Price – Activist, scholar, DadaFest, honorary research fellow at LSTM
The panel discussion was structured around the following three questions:
- Why is work on disability and health systems so often siloed?
- Are there any particular challenges in working on disabilities in fragile and shock prone settings?
- What would you like a consortium like us to do differently and what is the best practice that we should be following?