Direct facility financing: rationale, concepts & evidence
The slides for a presentation on direct facility financing, given by Professor Sophie Witter at the 5th Meeting of the Montreux Collaborative on Fiscal Space, Public Financial Management and Health Financing in November 2021, can be read below. A PDF of the presentation can be downloaded here.
Watch a recording of the whole session (Direct facility financing: what are the opportunities and challenges of PFM systems?) here.
Further material [all open new tabs]
- A meeting report which provides an overview of the agenda, speakers, and detailed summaries of the technical sessions including the Q&A discussions can be read here.
- The background document for the session can be read here
- Other direct facility financing papers from the same session are here
- Answers to questions raised in the session can be found here
- Sophie Witter et als’ Health Systems & Reform journal paper on the theme – ‘Performance-based Financing versus “Unconditional” Direct Facility Financing – False Dichotomy?’ – can be downloaded here
- Two reports produced by WHO and The World Bank – Direct facility financing: concept and role for UHC and Budget Execution in Health : Concepts, Trends and Policy Issues